Chocolate Sesame (Til) Laddoo
Updated: Feb 21, 2020
Til Laddu is a traditional winter sweet, made with til and jaggery. It is traditionally prepared on Makar Sankranti. In today’s post I present the same old sesame seed (Til) laddu with a little twist.
I have used mava and til for outer covering and have stuffed laddu with chocolate filling. These Laddus are full of flavours and melt in mouth on taking a bite.
Sesame seeds have so many nutritional content, including vitamins, minerals and natural oils. Sesame is extremely beneficial for diabetic and heart patient, build strong bones, cure sleep disorders, improve digestion, detoxify the body, and eliminate depression and chronic stress.
Sesame (Til) seeds also has heating properties so these laddus help keeping body warm in winter season.
Chocolate 'Til' Laddu recipe:-
Preparation time 5 mins
Cooking Time 5 mins
Total time 10 mins
Sesame seeds or Till 1 cup
Mava- 1 cup
Sugar Powder 1 cup
Ghee- 1 tab sp
Chocolate chunks ½ cup
Bread slice 1
Milk ½ cup
Condensed milk 1 tab sp.
Mix Chopped nuts 2 tab sp.
Desiccated Coconut 2 tab
How to Make-
Soak bread into milk.
In a pan melt chocolate on low heat. Stir continuously.
Add bread mixture and roast for 3-4 minutes.
Add condensed milk and chopped nuts and roast till thick dough like consistency.
In a pan Dry roast till till golden on low heat. Set aside and cool down.
Grind sesame seeds for 5 seconds to get a lightly crushed powder.
In a pan add mava and roast for 5 minutes on low heat till light golden.
Add tlll and sugar powder and mix very well, break the small lumps with spatula
Add ghee and mix well.
Switch off the heat and slightly cool down the mixture.
7. Take some mixture in your palm, place little chocolate mixture over it and begin to shape into laddoo.Add more till mixture if needed.
1. Add more ghee if mixture is dry, laddu will have smooth finish.
2. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for 8 to 10 days.
Step by Step recipe of chocolate Till laddoo-
1. In a pan dry roast 'til' on low heat till golden. Set aside to cool down.
2. Grind roasted sesame seeds 'til' for 5 seconds to get a lightly crushed powder.
3. In a pan add mava and roast for 5 minutes on low heat till light golden.
4. Add ground sesame seeds and sugar powder and mix very well, break the small lumps with spatula
5. Add ghee and mix well.
. 6. Switch off the heat and let the mixture cool down a little.
7. Soak bread slice in milk.
8. In a pan melt chocolate on low heat. Stir continuously.
9. Add bread mixture and dry nuts, roast for 3-4 minutes.
10. Add condensed milk and mix well.
11. Add coconut powder
12. Roast till dough like consistency is achived.
13. Take some til-mava mixture in your palm spread it, place little chocolate mixture over it and begin to shape into laddu.
14. Can be stored in refrigerator for 8 to 10 days.